Strategy has never been more challenging, or more important, than in today’s environment of global competition in which organizations must transcend the borders of nations and markets. Too many of them try to be everything to everyone, wasting resources in markets that may never provide a worthwhile return on investment. This Strategic Thinking presents a comprehensive planning model that covers innovation, strategic planning and operational planning to develop business strategies that have a greater chance for success.
We will engross you throughout this 2-day session in exercises and discussions that will teach you how to apply strategic thinking to business planning and how to engage your employees in the implementation of these strategies. We place an emphasis on the development of more creative and innovative strategies by including: the voice of the customer, benchmarking and how to identify opportunities to engage employees throughout the planning process.
Who Should Attend?
Senior management and leaders who must develop a strategic or business plan for their organization or department
- Understand what the Strategic Thinking model and process is and why it’s of value.
- Obtain feedback from customers to ensure that the strategies will meet their requirements.
- Gain employee understanding and commitment to the realization of the plans.
- Benchmark against other organizations and departments in order to understand and implement industry best practices.
- Identify strategic opportunities.
- Develop and implement an operational effectiveness strategy into your department that aligns with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Establish measurable standards.
- Develop and execute strategic and innovative processes, including customer requirements.
- Leverage employee involvement to monitor and increase success in the implementation of the strategies.