The Business Analyst plays a very important role on projects; they act as a communication link between the key project stakeholders and the project team. They must be able to interpret business needs; distill the differing messages and needs of key stakeholders and work with key stakeholders to ensure that the project team get clear requirements to drive the project’s success.
Through different exercises, case studies and discussions you will learn methods, processes and tools that will help you collect and analyze project stakeholder requirements. You will understand what is required to be a Business Analyst and how to complete a Business Requirement Document (BRD) for a project. You will also learn how to incorporate the project’s overall business goals into the Business Requirement Document and how to manage the on-going needs and expectations of the key project stakeholders.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who must collect user and customer requirements for a project such as:
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Explore the role and responsibilities of the business analyst and/or project manager in understanding stakeholder requirements.
- Understand the competency requirements for a business analyst and the role of the business analyst on a project team.
- Apply the business requirements process to ensure clarity in understanding customer requirements, translating the requirements and delivering back to the customer according to their needs.
- Learn various methods, processes and tools to identify and collect stakeholder requirements.
- Analyze customer requirements.
- Determine the types of business requirements.
- Document stakeholder requirements.
- Manage the on-going needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Learn how to control and manage changes to stakeholder requirements.