Rowena Lamy, Associate of Business Improvement Architects, is a consultant and facilitator specializing in the areas of Project Management, Procurement Management and Business Analysis.
Rowena is an effective leader with a successful history of integrating technology and building on the strengths of diverse teams to produce quality business solutions. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with a proven competency in all areas of the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge. As an accomplished professional, she has a broad base of experience managing complex projects for multi-national companies in the Financial, Insurance, Telecommunications and Manufacturing industries.
Highlights of some of the successful projects and assignments that Rowena has contributed to include:
- Led a complex Project Team to successful completion of a large, international project at the Bank of Nova Scotia. Managed the risks associated with new web technology, new security software & international gateway. Facilitated the multi-lingual and international project team in dispersed geographical locations. Delivered a quality project product within budget and on schedule with sponsor acceptance.
- Restructured a high-risk insurance project that had been in progress for 3 years with no deliverables.
- Launched Phase 1 of a multi-phased, Online Account Management initiative, successfully leading the execution team through all stages of the Delivery Lifecycle from initiation to implementation.
- Initiated several Internet Application Migration projects for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
- Assembled a full development team to architect innovative web product for a Venture Capital Company initiative. This included the planning, organizing and the start up of new office facilities and infrastructure for the project team.
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Computer Information Professional Society (CIPS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Courses in Professional Presentations, Expert Speaking, Negotiation and Facilitation
- Comprehensive Project Management, University of Toronto
- Information System Professional (ISP), Computer Information Professional Society
- Bachelor of Arts: Combined Honours in Computer Science & Psychology, York University
To send an e-mail to Rowena, click here.